Wednesday, March 3, 2010

To interval, or not to interval?

Somehow I only recently began to wonder to myself "is it really necessary to do intervals on every day we do our stationary bike riding?" Simple question and a simple answer occurred to me promptly: "no, it's not necessary."

According to my by-gosh by-golly technical reckoning, we should get benefits from intervals even if we do them on only 2 of our four cycling days. We're not training for the olympics here, after all, folks.

I decided to implement the new policy pronto. So from here on out we'll be doing intervals on 2 to 3 of our 4 weekly stationary-bike days. On the other days we'll do our usual ca. 30 minutes of spinning.

Anxious to see what will be the effects of the intervals--if they're noticable at all--when we'll hit the road a little later this spring. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment