Friday, March 5, 2010

Laxness in breathing exercises heightening blood pressure?

I kind of got out of my rythm of breathing exercises a couple of weeks ago when I made a trip out of town. I've had a hard time getting back to that rythm (twice a day, morning and evening is what I'd been aiming for). Today I had a higher reading than I've seen in a while (150/87): is it related to laxness in performing my breathing exercises?

Other factors could be at play. I had kind of a rough night last night for one. Then, I really rushed over for my blood pressure appointment today since I got a late start. Then, since today was strength-training day I didn't take hydrochlorothiazide.

Tough to say how much role laxness in performing breathing exercises played. What's certain is that I need to get more regular and frequent about it in order to see if it comes down at the next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment