Friday, March 12, 2010

More walking, shoulder update

Did some more walking today, though probably only about 3 miles or so. So when we got home we did a few minutes of intervals on the stationary bikes as well (half of our usualy 20-minute session). Itching to get out on the road now that the snow is melting apace.

I haven't written about my shoulder problems for a few months now. That's actually a good sign: it means it's not been bothering me much. I think it's now about as good as it's gonna get. What that means is that it will probably always bother me to some extent--if it remains like it is now, it will be mostly just a bit stiff.

I think I have an idea about what exercise was causing me difficulty: a sort of lat pull-down movement I was doing back in Soloflex days. Now that most of our upper-body strength training involves calisthenics and use of some dumbbells, the problem has pretty much been resolved.

I do feel a little stiffness in the other shoulder (left) these past few days, though. But this time it's actually behind my shoulder--like maybe in a muscle that goes between the upper part of the tricep over by the shoulder blade. We'll see whether that goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment