Sunday, February 14, 2010

Break time, blogging schedule remarks

Our week off from fitness has arrived. We actually started it a little earlier: I had planned on starting the week off on Monday. But we missed our stationary bike training this past Thursday, then again yesterday. And I decided to add today as part of our time off as well. So we'll be back to exercising again only next weekend.

Physical health is important. But spiritual health is important, too. And as Lent begins, it's time to do some more intensive training in spiritual things. The two are really closely interconnected--physical and spiritual health.

I'll also probably cut back a bit on blogging--but only partly because of Lent. I decided recently to try blogging much more regularly, sort of taking a cue from fitbomb. But having done that for a while I've come to feel that such frequent posting doesn't really fit the aims of this blog.

My main aim isn't necessarily to tell you everything I do each day. That's what some bloggers do, whether in an attempt to maximize traffic to their blogs by keeping them very active, or, in the case of fitness blogs, because posting with greater frequency provides the blogger with motivation to keep up their efforts. Neither of those factors motivate me: I'm not engaing in a commercial effort here, nor have I had much problem over the last two years sustaining interest or motivation in my fitness regimen. No, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm in fitness for the long term.

I do want to keep readers apprised of my fitness regime via this blog, but that's not something that necessarily requires daily entries. Rather, my interests lie more in providing a resource for information on pursuing fitness at a certain stage of life. And what is required for that, as best I can tell, is to blog about important information I find, to recount significance experiences in fitness, and to blog about what has worked (and hasn't worked) for me. And that doesn't require daily postings.

That said, I do intend to blog much more regularly that I did during the first year or so after starting this blog. So I hope to have new material here at least a few times each week. So, keep checking back

No comments:

Post a Comment