Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's time to celebrate!



Ok, there's a bit of hyperbole in the title of today's entry. You see, nothing particularly eventful happened today. Or yesterday. Or the day before. Or, probably, tomorrow or the next day. So, what's to celebrate about?

Well, it occurred to me the other day as I was thinking about what I'm doing fitness-wise and how long it would last. Won't I get bored with it at some point, won't it become a burden? Will I give up this regular fitness regime and go back to an active, as opposed to a very active, lifestyle? I hope not. I've sustained this regime for some time now, and I'm trying to organize things such that it can be sustained indefinitely--as long as I'm still alive and physically capable.

And that's what got me thinking about celebrating. I should be celebrating, I thought to myself, the fact that I've sustained my current regular fitness regime for over 3 years now. It's an accomplishment, and one I should not be taking lightly. Perhaps I could think of today as my 39th (month) anniversary of staying on a regular, year-round exercise regimen. Hooray for me! Keep up the good work!

On other fronts, I'm experimenting with electric assist for my bike--this in the hope that it will facilitate some long-distance bicycle touring such as I did in my younger years. "What!?" you may say, "you're talking electric wheels on a fitness site?!" All I can say in response now is that I'll have more to say about that in a subsequent entry and that, yes, I will address how it has/will impact my fitness endeavors--not a whole lot, as you will see.

And I continue looking out for new fitness routines to augment our upper-body strength training regimen. Nothing major to report on that front at the moment, but when something newsworthy develops I'll post about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment