Monday, July 19, 2010

Just another update . . .

Well, my weight has come down, as I expected it would. That could be due in some measure to some unusually bad stomach issues I've had lately, though. In any case, I'm down to about 200 lbs. now.

We've continued riding and doing strength training pretty regularly--just a couple days off recently. We rode almost 50 miles just a couple of days ago. I was so sick the next day, though (unrelated to the 50-mile ride, I think), that I didn't exercise at all.

But plenty of activities lie ahead. I don't know if we'll manage to get that 100-mile day this summer--it's looking a little doubtful now.

I'll close this entry with a little musing: why is there so little information available, both in terms of technical studies, and in the form of more mass-consumption sites (like this blog) on aging athletes? In case you need a hint, well, aging athletes are not very sexy now, are they? Perhaps more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment